Friday, November 30, 2007

Dec: My Name is Asher Lev

"My Name is Ahser Lev", by Chaim Potok

Tomorrow is Dec. 1 - which means its time to start reading our new book, "My Name is Asher Lev," by Chaim Potok. I researched Chaim Potok my senior year of high school and read several of his books, including this one. Potok was born in the Bronx to Jewish immigrants from Poland. Many of his books deals with finding the balance between practicing religion while living in the secular world. Though most of us participaitng in the club are not Jewish, there are similar themes we can relate with from our own religious beliefs.

Enjoy! I am picking my copy up from the library tomorrow.

2 comments:

Sonja said...

Hi Michelle! I'm so glad you found me and that I found you! Thanks for the nice comment...but I must tell you that I think YOU did a fabulous job singing last night, You and your man make a great team. :D

I love this book. I've liked all the Chaim Potok books I've read so far. You are in for a treat! I'd like to join in your discussion when you're done.

Jessie's Joy in Her Journey said...

I got my book and I am ready to READ!!