Saturday, November 17, 2007

Book/Author Picks

I have/had a time choosing an author because I get moved by each book I read. So after some careful consideration I think my choices are:

1. Wuthering Heights- I read it when I was an early teen and the romance side of the story influenced me into who I am today. The intensity of love Heathcliff had for Catherine made me think that there is love out there for everyone. It may not be perfect or sane or even beautiful, but it survives everything thrown it's way...even death. It let me know not to be discouraged as a teen about petty relationships and also just a different view on love.

2. The Stephanie Meyer series we read here on the blog is one of my newest and most instense favorites. I love the series, the love story and the style of writing are wondeful. This series will be one of my favorites forever, the love between Bella and Edward is so strong I can feel it through the pages. I was getting all tense with her and just love the whole set. I am grateful to have been introduced to them...

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I think I read Wuthering Heights when i was too young, because it didn't stick with me. Its one of those books you always hear so much about - but I can't remember much about it. I'll have to add it to my list.