Sunday, July 27, 2008

Unofficial July Book: Eclipse

Did anybody read Eclipse? I did. (Boy, this sounds familiar.)

I think it is my favorite so far, mostly b/c Bella seems to grow up finally. I liked that there was more Edward in it although he was freakishly, even if understandably, controlling in the beginning. I was glad that Bella figured out a way to see her friend, didn't lie to her boyfriend but didn't let him control her. Even if it did backfire on her, but what can you expect. I am a firm believer in girls and guys can't just be friends. One will always want more than the other or it could end up like it did in Eclipse, when she is making out with Jacob. Which leads Jacob to think the wrong thing and probably had a lot to do with his decision in the end.

Some questions:
Do you think girls and guys can be just friends, or in Bella's case, think she can still be friends with Jacob even though she knows of his feelings for her?

Did you feel Edward was to controlling at the beginning? Too much of a pansy at the end? How did you feel about his whole, take the high road stance with regards to Bella and Jacob?

Do you want a yellow Porsche like what Alice got? (I do. But I don't want to have to pay for it or the gas. And maybe in black, or silver, I'm not a yellow car person.)

Do you think Bella is going to be changed? Why or Why not? (She better. I have a feeling that she won't be b/c Stephenie Meyer said that Bella's story was done, so unless she covers how they hide her transformation from her family in Breaking Dawn, but I have a feeling it doesn't happen. I really want her too though.)

Any other questions, my brain is feeling fried recently (too little sleep), shoot...

1 comment:

Kyla Marks said...

Do you think girls and guys can be just friends, or in Bella's case, think she can still be friends with Jacob even though she knows of his feelings for her?
I don't think guys and girls can be friends, I have one really good guy friend...but he's my husband's best friend...so I don't think that counts. I think you are either friends or more than friends, I am sure there are exceptions to the rule, but personally I think it's asking for trouble. Jacob and Bella need to stop, for both their sakes, they are being selfish and hurting themselves.

Did you feel Edward was to controlling at the beginning? Too much of a pansy at the end? How did you feel about his whole, take the high road stance with regards to Bella and Jacob?
Edward was controlling, with Alice as babysitter...it was a nice idea, but badly executed. I hated that he was giving up in the end, well that's what it seemed. I couldn't believe he would let her just go and let what happened happen...but I also understand his point.

Do you want a yellow Porsche like what Alice got?
I wanted the Porsche...red is my choice.

Do you think Bella is going to be changed? Why or Why not?
Bella better be changed is all I'm saying, I am afraid she won't be as well, but the story could continue on after from other characters point of view after Bella is changed. It would be kind of boring with her point of view being death and bloodsucking...so hopefully for the lovers in us all they get changed and spend all eternity together.

My question is:
Do you think Jacob will allow the wedding to continue in Breaking Dawn or his trying to intervene change Bella's mind any?