Monday, April 7, 2008

my good read

I thought it was fun to hear what Jessie and Lisa are reading and wanted to share my good reads as of late. Last week I finished the first book in the Amelia Peabody mystery series "The Crocodile on the Sandbank." I've read later books in the series - after Amelia and Emerson are married and have grown children. So it was fun to see how it all started.

Has anyone else read any of these? And don't you want to go explore pyramids and tombs in Egypt now?

Right now I am reading "The Ghost of Hannah Mendes," which is the story of a wealthy Jewish woman in the 1500's and the end of her descendants line living in New York today. It's been good so far, but I need to set it down and finish "Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil,"

What is everyone else reading?

No comments: