Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Time of the Butterflies

Heads up - I will be leading our discussion for Time of the Butterflies on:

Tuesday, Oct. 30

And just to get you pumped for reading, here are a few reasons why I like it:

**** It is narrated by four sisters - each sister has her own section.

**** After I finished it, a light switch went on over latin literature for me.

**** The story is strong, emotional and inspiring - and that's all I'm going to say about that without giving the rest away.

This is a great excuse for me to purchase a book I've wanted in my library for at least 7 years now.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just got it from the library!! But I also got the last Emily book, and I am reading that one first. But I am excited!!

Kyla Marks said...

so I'm picking mine up from the library tomorrow afternoon, I'm excited to get started

Melissa said...

Well Cat, I'll forgive you for not starting right away since it is to finish another favorite book of mine. I'm glad you're seeing the vision of the Emily series.

Lisa Brown said...

Hey Melissa, can I borrow it when you are done? I can't wait to read it!

Melissa said...

You sure can!

Tony and Stef said...

Thanks so much for suggesting this book Melissa! I got it in the mail yesterday and couldn't put it down. Definitly one of the most amazing novels I've ever read! I can't wait for discussion time!

Melissa said...

Stef - I am so glad you were as impressed by it as I was! I'm looking forward to hearing everyone's thoughts for our discussion.