Wednesday, October 3, 2007

New Book Club Blog Format

Some people have expressed a desire for more interaction and better organization for our online book club. Since this is our first foray into the world of book club blogs, we are still working out the kinks.

We want to start a calendar. It will include what the book is for the month, who will lead the discussion, and when the discussion will start.

Email me at cjwaldorf@hotmail.com with what your book suggestions (title and author) are by Oct. 15. It can be 1 or 20, I don't care. I'll pull titles out of a hat. Like we have done in the past, who suggests the book will lead the online discussion. I will try to keep it fair so that one person isn't doing all the discussions. Unless you don't care that you are doing it month after month. In your email, let me know what your preferences are. Please put book club in your title of the email so I know it is legit.

We also want to encourage discussion on the blog about anything else. Authors you love, other books you are reading and want to know if someone else has read or to turn us on to it, any kind of news, like the recent deaths of Madeleine L'engle and Robert Jordan. Anything book related or writing related or something fun to think about.

If there are any other ideas, let us know.

Thanks and Happy Reading!!

4 comments:

Kyla Marks said...

all that sounds so great...I am really excited to see how this all works out

Lisa Brown said...

thanks! I'll email my list soon.

Melissa said...

Thanks Cat! I'd like to send what you wrote as an email to all our members. Let me know if you have a problem with that...

Kyla Marks said...

do you need me to email my list or is the one I posted enough?