Friday, October 26, 2007

Book talk this Tuesday!

Hope everyone is enjoying "In the Time of the Butterflies"! I'll be back on Tuesday to start our discussion and I can't wait to hear what you all think.

On another note, has anyone ever read “The Diving Bell and the Butterfly”? The movie is being screened at the Savannah Film Festival this weekend. I was curious about it after I read it was based on a book written by the former editor in chief of Elle France, who suffered a rare stroke to the brain stem at age 43. He was in a coma for a while and when he awoke, all he could move was his left eye. Somehow, he arranged a way to communicate with blinks and wrote this book. It is all about the freedom he found living in his imagination for the remainder of his life.

Sound pretty incredible, huh?! Anyway, let me know if you've read it. I'll be sure to tell you how it goes when I'm done with it. It is pretty short, but I've got a few other things to finish reading first.

1 comment:

Kyla Marks said...

never heard of it, but can't wait to hear about it...what an amazing story though