Tuesday, June 12, 2007

June Book

I am so glad that Lisa suggested and insisted (:D) on this book for the month. It was so cheap that I went and bought it to read. I bought it on a Friday afternoon, started it around lunch Saturday, and finished it late Sat night. While I was reading it, some people asked me about what I was reading, and asked to borrow it from me. I was home sick from church on Sunday, so I read it again to make sure I had everything before lending it out and possibly not getting it back before I left back to Savannah.

Yes, I read it twice in two days. Don't judge me.

I've always loved a good vampire story. Most of the ones these days have lots of inappropriate parts (ie:sex) that really turn me off, but it's a clean love story. It shows that you can have romance without sex.

I am excited that the sequel, New Moon, is out already and the final installment, Eclipse, is due out in Aug/Sept this year. I looked it up on the online library here in Raleigh, and both books are all completly checked out of all the libraries in the entire county.

And Edward, the vampire, is a good character. Definitly in the leagues of Mr. Darcy and Gilbert, like Lisa said.

Read it!

3 comments:

Melissa said...

I second this! I've really enjoyed "twilight" as well and think you should all read it - it's just too fun.

And way to go Raleigh library system - I couldn't find any of the books in the Chatham County Library catalog. Maybe I missed them...Thanks for letting me borrow your copy, Lisa ;) I should be done with it tomorrow so someone else can borrow if they need it.

Lisa Brown said...

oh, I also have "New Moon," if you need to read that :)

Michelle Claire said...

It's taken me forever to read this book 'cause I finally had to buy it! The library has about a hundred person waiting list... it was worth it though... I loved it. I think I'm going to buy the 2nd book now... :)