Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Fictional dinner party

Yesterday, I was checking out another book club for more ideas - grand forks anarchist book club - and they had a fun question I thought about all morning:

If you were hosting a dinner party and could invite 5 writers and 5 fiction characters, who would be invited?

Alright, I'll tell you my answers if you promise to leave a comment telling me yours....

5 writers
1. Daphne Du Maurier
2. Alexandre Dumas
3. Samuel Clements
4. Stephanie Kallos
5. Cornelia Funke

5 fiction characters
1. Captain Jack Aubrey
2. Elphaba
3. Elizabeth Bennet - a must at any imaginary dinner party.
4. Albus Dumbledore
5. Miss Marple

Now it's your turn....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

5 Writers-
1) JK Rowling
2) Jane Austen
3) Alexander Dumas
4) Laura Ingalls Wilder
5) JRR Tolkien

5 Fictional Characters-
1) Peregrin Took-for laughs
2) Severus Snape-good discussion for right vs wrong
3) Elizabeth Bennet-needs no explaination
4) Fitzwilliam Darcy-HELLO, he's hot, and would make good conversation.
5) Edward Cullen-Again, hot and can read people's minds, I would love to watch his facial reactions to peopl and try to figure out what he hears others thinking.

I know it didn't ask for explainations but I felt they deserved them.