Friday, June 8, 2007

And here it is . . .


Our book for June is Twilight by Stephanie Meyers, and I am so excited for all of you to read it :)!! It is a romance with a twist - consider this: you fall for a vampire who is especially attracted to the scent of your blood. Intriguing, don't you think?


One of the real things that attracted me to this book in the first place was the story behind it. The author, Stephanie Meyer, is a mom just like me, but had an idea that blossomed into a sereies of really well written, exciting, and fun books. To find out more of the story, go to her website - but be careful not to read too much, because she gives away some of the stuff from the book as she tells her story.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Thanks Lisa! I started reading as soon as you let me borrow it and I am already hooked.

To my J'aime Lire buddies from Washington - the book is set in FORKS, WASHINGTON!!! Of all places! Can you believe it? FORKS! Who would have ever thought of using that drizzly, dot on the map. And now I have to admit something a little cheesy - since I'm so far from my homey, washinton weather, I've enjoyed reading about all the rain. How pathetic!