Wednesday, June 13, 2007

July Book Submission

Here is my July Book Submission.

Back When We Were Grownups by Anne Tyler http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/isbnInquiry.asp?z=y&EAN=9780345477248&itm=1

My dad also recommended it, said it was really good. Click on the book title and it will take you to a summary and some reviews of the book.

Okay, if we are going to do two:

The Eyre Affair by Jasper Fforde http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/isbnInquiry.asp?z=y&EAN=9780142001806&itm=1

It's an alternate reality type book, kind of like how 1984 by George Orwell with his Big Brother government, or Farenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury.

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Cat - I couldn't get the link to work, but I looked it up on Amazon. Looks like a good story! Thanks for kicking off our july book submissions.

Anonymous said...

I fixed it. Thanks!

Unknown said...

I love how they start out 'The Eyre Affair' review - "Umberto Eco meets Harry Potter," - who wouldn't be interesting in reading this after that line?

And yes - I definitely think we should each get two suggestions. Why not?

Melissa said...

by the way - that was me that left the above comment. I just forgot to login.