Wednesday, March 25, 2009

extra challenge!

Hey, not that there is a lot of extra time in a day, but I thought it would be fun to compare two books by the same author with a similar storyline. Robin McKinley has written two books following the storyline of Beauty and the Beast. Beauty is one of my all time favorite books and the second, I just found this week at the library. Rose Daughter, I thought was a sequel to Beauty, but it's not. It's another version and I thought it would be a fun challenge to read both versions and see what your thoughts were on the two. It's not an official book group book, just a side challenge for anyone interested.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought Rose Daughter was a sequel too! I read it last year and I have to say, I liked Beauty a lot better. Beauty was my first Robin McKinley book and I fell in love with it. I read it all in one sitting!

Jessie's Joy in Her Journey said...

Funny, I felt the same way. Rose Daughter, had too much stuff in the way and was difficult to follow. I loved the part about bringing the roses back to life, but got lost in the "curse" Beauty is a delightful version fleshed out just enough!