Thursday, March 26, 2009

Bizzzness


It's time for some bizzzness, ladies. For some reason, this picture seemed appropriate... Don't ask.

Christy discussion
Before we move on, please don't forget to post about Christy. I'm still waiting for my copy to come in at the library! SO LAME! I had this problem last month, too. Because I can see this becoming a regular problem for me and my little library branch, I'd like to request that we build a six month schedule.

6 month schedule
To build our schedule, please post what month you would like and what book you will choose. I know it is hard to choose books in advance, but it would be helpful for those of us who need to order from Amazon or have a huge lead time for their pokey little library.

You are welcome to speak up for months beyond our 6 month range and choose a book when we get closer.

New Members
Lisa gave me a list of her friends and their emails to add to our blog. If you would like to do the same thing, feel free to email me. We love new members! If you are a new member, we want to know who you are.
Please leave a comment telling us: a. your name, b. whereabouts your from, c. how you found us, d. what you are currently reading and e. what type of books you enjoy.

New Poll
There is a new poll question for you in the right hand corner.

8 comments:

Melissa said...

I guess everyone is shy this week! We've never had to wait this long for someone to step forward with a book suggestion. I'll start us off - I'll go ahead and lead for April, since we need to get going. The book I choose is "Three Cups of Tea"

Who wants to take May or another month?

Michael Pitcher said...

Hey, I want to take a month, but I haven't picked a book yet! Ummm... can I have July? And I'll get a book picked out by the end of this next week... let me know if that works. I've been a slacker lately with the book club, and I really want to get back into it. Thanks!

Michael Pitcher said...

Oops, that comment was under my husbands account... this is Michelle! Sorry!

Melissa said...

Yes, that totally works. We'll give you July and take your book pick next week.

Jessie's Joy in Her Journey said...

I'll take june with the Sunflower by Richard Paul Evens. I've heard good things about this book!

Lisa Brown said...

Hi - I'll take May (since we will be moving this summer) and I pick "A Town Like Alice." I have heard awesome things about it :)

Lisa Brown said...

Oh, and I love the picture Melissa!

Lisa Brown said...

Okay, I changed my mind. My May book will be "The Guernsey Literary and Potatoe Peel Society," by Mary Ann Shaffer & Annie Barrows :). I promise, this is my final choice.