Tuesday, September 4, 2007

"Remember Me"

1. Who was you favorite character and why?
My favorite character was Menley. First, i love her name. Second, I liked her struggle with determining her sanity - and how she stuck by her guns with Adam in the end. Scott was pretty impressive, I just can't bring myself to like a slime-ball.

2. Those of you who are parents (or soon will be), have you had a time where you felt your parenting abilities were being questioned? How did you respond to it?
Ha ha - well, my child right now is my dog. People are always trying to tell you how to be a better dog owner. there is a certain look you get from other highbrow dog owners if: your dog isn't neutered, he has a long-lead leash, he chews on bark, or does anything else they would never condone. this is such a lame thing to compare what Menley experienced, but it helps me understand a little bit of her situation. It all comes back to not judging a book by its cover, right? Judge not that ye be not Judged? Same thing.

3. Did the ending surprise you? If so, how?
Okay I cheated - About half way through I was so absorbed in the book, that my sanity would be shaken if Menley did not get out of this okay. I had read one book by Mary Higgins Clark - The A____(something)_ Syndrome - and she really shocked me be killing off the main character. I just couldn't handle being on the edge of my seat anymore if that was the case. But I only read the last page - so I knew Menley would be alright. I kind of picked up on the Scott and Elaine thing with the whole picture deal and Elaine always being the root of Adam and Menley's problem.

4. Do you think the Remember House was actually haunted?
No, but Mary did a good job of setting it up so you would believe it was.

5. Any other thoughts or feelings about the book?
I really enjoy Mary Higgins Clark. Have any of you seen her movies that are on Lifetime? They are cheesy, but still fun.

No comments: