Monday, August 4, 2008

Back on track!

Phew, the summer travels are over and I am back on track. I'm excited to share my readings. I have been reading a book called "A Thomas Jefferson Education" It is fantastic. (I am hoping to be able to use this method to homeschool my children this year) Anyway, it talks about learning through the classics and challenges the way you read. I decided to tackle Wuthering Heights. I know I should have read it ages ago, but I don't particularly like depressing stories. Though it is not a favorite, I found it entertaining and really can't stand Heathcliff. I feel sorry for him to have had so little love shown him and to have immersed all his love in one person. He missed out on what could have been a very joyful life! I have also just finished Old Yeller. What a great book. I am planning on comparing it to Where the Red Fern Grows and Because of Wynn Dixie. It's fun to go back and hit the children's classics occasionally. They have so much to offer and I needed to learn a few things. Lastly I am finishing Mothering With Spiritual Power and have loved it. What a great book. I think I really needed it. I hope you have all had a super summer. I'm excited to read a Zane Grey!

2 comments:

Lisa Brown said...

Hey, I am reading Mothering With Spiritual Power also :). Fun. I also love it, but I haven't touched it in a few months and only have a few chapters left. I need to get on that :).

Emily said...

Thanks for coming by my blog. I do agree...my sister did a great job designing my blog! Krizzy designs is great! I really like your book reviews. I try to read as much as I can and sometimes run out of books so your comments will help me take the time to read some good ones.
I am a teacher so I wish you all the luck in homeschooling your children! I think it's great you are able to do that and share that time with them!