Saturday, August 2, 2008

Anna Karenina for July


This was my book for the month, and it literally took a month to read, at 749 pages. I think that the story was a great one, semi sad ending though. I kind of felt that Anna even though she followed her heart and did what she felt was best for herself, that she deserved the paranoia and heartache. Her ending was the only one that would have fit in the time the book was written and the situation she was in. I was very happy about Kity and Levin's ending it was perfect. I didn't love all the politically conversations though they were boring and a bit confusing for me. I liked the book and although I wouldn't read it again since it occupied half my summer; I would recommend it to others. It is a classic and well written.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am reading it now too, in small installments via email. I can guess how it will end, but I am glad to know that someone ele was reading it too. Thanks for sharing!!