Monday, June 2, 2008

Unofficial May Book: Twilight

Did anybody read the unofficial book for May?

I did. Here are some thoughts I had after reading it for the umpteenth time.

I still really love the story. Bella gets on my nerves more and more. I like Edward more and more. I continue to dislike Jacob more and more.

My favorite part is when Bella wants to go to Seattle and Edward wants to drive and is teasing her about her truck and thinks, 'Stupid, shiny Volvo owner.' (pg 83)

The writing is simple. It doesn't bog you down while still relating all the information you need as a reader. I like that it goes at a pretty fast pace.

I'm reading New Moon for June. Anybody else?

I think I am going to become totally disenchanted with this series if Bella and Edward don't stay together. And that would make me really mad.

2 comments:

Kyla Marks said...

I also read the book and also dislike Jacob more, he irks me enough to take a way a little part of me who feels sorry for him.

I love Edward, he's still amazing and wonderful...

The flow of the book is wonderful and you can tell it's her first book, but I love it. For me Bella and Edward have to be together in the end and she has to be changed by him, it's my own happy ending for them. Jacob could quit being a character as far as I'm concerned in the next book, but I know that makes for less interesting reading.

New Moon is my least favorite of the books, because Edward and Bella break up...I do hope that I am openminded more this time reading it and not rush through the book like last time when I wanted so desperately for them to reunite

Jessie's Joy in Her Journey said...

You guys are crazy! Edward is entirely too perfect and Bella is rather annoying especially when she describes how he makes her feel. Insert finger into mouth and gag a bit. Anyway, I also have to say that I prefer Jacob. He's just a little brother figure, but he is pretty honest with her and seems to be just a fun kind of guy. I know that changes a bit later, but hormones that out of control would make any of us a little mean. I think I like Jacob because he is a little more realistic. I am not as much of a romantic as I thought. hee hee. I have to say her books are engaging. I have read the first two and even stayed up till three in the morning to finish even though I had to get up at 6 with kids. Pathetic for me, but a compliment to the author. Anyway, I am looking forward to getting the 3rd book. Ladies have a lovely week and please let me stay in the group even if I don't like Edward. My sister in laws have officially uninvited me to the movie based on my opinions boo hoo. (hee hee)