Monday, June 30, 2008

Unofficial June Book: New Moon

Did anybody else pull double duty again this month? I barely managed it, but I got it done.

New Moon is my least favorite so far of the series. A true Edward fan, I missed him being around a lot. I mean really, he thought Bell.a would be better off without him around? She's a walking danger magnet.

I did get to observe Jacob more objectively this read. I still don't like him as much as Edward, but he was good for Bella. I think, if he hadn't pushed so hard all the time to get Bella to like him back, she would have on her own. She was already heading there but his advances kept making her conscious of it and made her think of Edward all over again and so, he shot himself in the foot. Plus, I think he might have felt differently about her if he knew she was using him to hear Edward's voice. He thinks she wants to see him, and she does, but to also hear Edward's voice. Girls.

I did like meeting the Volturri and being in Italy. That was pretty sweet. I like Alice too, so it was nice to see more of her. I'm glad they didn't all get offed in Italy and that things more or less got back to normal by the end of the book.

Looking forward to Eclipse and then Breaking Dawn!!

2 comments:

Jessie's Joy in Her Journey said...

Well ladies. I did like this book. Again the author is very engaging and holds your attention. I really got a little tired of the emotional blackhole aka bella. I think that's why I like Jacob's character. He breaks up the story a bit and helps Bella be a bit more positive, even if he is hormonal and werewolfal. I think this book reminded me a little bit of an Anita Stansfield book. I like her stuff alright, but sometimes she states the obvious over and over again and it gets a little repetetive. The whole Italian gang, gave me nightmares. (that's what comes of staying up so late and snacking while I was reading.) All the old traditional vampire/werewolf myths haunted me all night long. I did think it was interesting how the werewolves were the mortal enemies of the vampires. I thought that was interesting and the other lady, the red head, yeah she is terrifying. Uhg. All in all a good read, I'm still debating on reading the next book. We'll see how my mom in law liked it. Anyway, have a super week ladies! Happy Fourth of July!~

Kyla Marks said...

I reread New Moon and appreciate the book for the backstory and what I did learn from it...but am with Cat. I missed Edward and thought he was trying to do the right thing, but he needed to know he couldn't leave Bella after she had been introduced to others as his. She was a target always after that. I enjoyed Jacob more this time around, but still thought he was playing with fire knowing she loved Edward despite of everything. If he had known she was using him, he probably would have been mad...but it probably wouldn't have discouraged him, him being all newly hormonal and all. I am so excited for Breaking Dawn, I can't believe it will be the last book in the series. I hope it wraps up well and how I want it haha!