Thursday, January 3, 2008

So Excited!

I'll start with the fact that I just LOVE Robin McKinley!! I you have never read any of her books, you are missing out. My favorite has to be The Blue Sword, but I have really enjoyed every one of her books. She has a special way of weaving fantasy and helping you get lost in the magic.

As for Dragonhaven, I am so excited to read it. I purposely didn't read anything about the book before hand, mostly because I like to be surprised when I read. However, I am a chapter into the book now, and am very intrigued. So far it is different that her normal style, but mostly because it doesn't take place in the past, like most of her books. It is also told from a boy's point of view, which is different for her as well, since usually her main character is a heroine. I am anxious to read more and see what the story holds.

I hope you all enjoy it as much as I hope to :)!!

7 comments:

Melissa said...

Thanks Lisa! I can't wait to start reading. The only other Robin McKinley books I've read are "Beauty" and "Deerskin" and I enjoyed both of them.

Anonymous said...

I'm excited to be reading this book too. I've read Beauty and loved it.

Kyla Marks said...

I have never read any of these books and am excited to expand and read something that so many people have enjoyed...

Jessie's Joy in Her Journey said...

I'm almost through!! Can't wait to discuss it online. Robyn McKinley is also a favorite of mine. Beauty is absolutely one of my all time favorites. The Blue Sword and Hero and the Crown are in pieces due to the amount of times I have read them. I gotta say that is the sign of a good author. This book is definately a step away from her norm. I'll say no more for now. Happy reading ladies~

Jessie's Joy in Her Journey said...

I just finished the book! Can't wait to talk about it.

Melissa said...

Way to go Jessie. I still need to start it! I've got the book sitting on my night stand, but I keep getting distracted by this other book I'm ready - "I capture the castle."

Lisa Brown said...

I finished on friday, and I can't wait to talk about it, especialy because it was so different from her normal style.