Monday, December 31, 2007

Last Day for Asher Lev discussion

Today is the last day of 2007! It is also the last day for our Asher Lev discussion and I would love to hear more people's thoughts. If you didn't finish the book, go ahead and let us know why. Or if you haven't had a chance to answer the questions, here they are again:

Questions:
1. As a reader, what was your reaction to Asher's last exhibition in the book?

2. What do you think Chaim Potok's message is on living religiously in a secular world?

3. Is there a character you can relate with?

4. Do you have any questions????

You can see the rest of the discussion at this post.

Have a happy new year, J'aime lirers! Don't drink too much sparkling apple cider...

4 comments:

Kyla Marks said...

I have not finished the book, we closed on our house on the 19th and it's been a whirlwind of trips, moving and now I can finally finish. I do really enjoy the book and will finish it, it's a bit tougher for me to read due to the yiddish words...but my father in law is Jewish and I have been asking him to explain some customs and words that I am familiar with. It helps me to understand the book better and fully get what Chaim is saying...though so far I love the book and am about 1/2 way there...w

Melissa said...

Good luck with your house, Kyla! And it took me a while to read, too. You'll have to tell us any insight you get from your fatherinlaw.

Lisa Brown said...

I am so sad that i never got a hold of this book. Between being very sick twice, Kevin being gone, and all the holiday craziness, it just didn't happen. It sounds like it was a great one too. I'll have to get it read as soon as I can get us to the library.

Kyla Marks said...

it's a good one Lisa, worth reading...I hope to have commented in a day or so, we'll see...I gotta get started on the next book too