Thursday, December 27, 2007

Anybody get any fun books for Christmas?

I was just thinking that my brain is finally starting to recover from Christmas overload, and that I might actually be able to pick up one of the books I got for Christmas. It got me wondering if any of you got any great new reads? If so, and if they are good, please share.

As for me, I received:
Dragonhaven, by Robyn McKinnley - our book for next month
The Dangerous Book for Boys - my husband was so cute to get it for me to go with my copy of The Daring Book for Girls, and it is great so far!
The Phantom Tollbooth - a gift for myself, since our local book club is reading it for January :)
Mothering with Spiritual Power, by Debra Sansing Woods - my mom gave it to me, and it looks pretty good

I'll have to let you know how they turn out. Oh, and a little late . . .

Merry Christmas!!

And Happy New Year!

3 comments:

Jessie's Joy in Her Journey said...

Merry Christmas to you!! I am so excited. My mom got me Twilight, which I have heard so much about and a sweet friend got me The Lost Memoirs of Jane Austen. I have been reading snippets each time I go the book store and coveting the book. It was so sweet and so unexpected that I cried. I am so thankful for good friends and for moms who love to read and share good books. Anyway happy reading! I am looking forward to finishing Dragonhaven and discussing Asher Lev. thanks for letting me be apart of the fun ladies. This is a highlight of my month!

Anonymous said...

I've only gotten the two books I put on my other blog. I still have a stack of books that I am trying to get through that I have borrowed from some of my fellow book club members. But I do have some in mind, like Clash of the Sky Galleons and The NIxie's Song that I want to get and read SOON!

Melissa said...

I got a couple craft books on Batik, a novel "I Capture the Castle," which I am REALLY excited to read, and a Barnes and Noble gift card! I love gift cards, but it always takes me forever to narrow down what I am going to buy.

And Jessie - you'll have to tell us how you like Twilight. We read it for the club a couple months ago and I think most of us went on to read the other books out right now. And we are all in love with Edward.