Monday, May 14, 2007

"Mirror, Mirror"

All right - here it is! Sorry for the delay in posting...

Our May book will be "Mirror, Mirror" by Gregory Maguire. Maguire is author of the best seller "Wicked," which was made into a Broadway hit. A few of our book club members have read "Wicked" and other Maguire books. The appeal for me is that he takes a classic fairy tale and turns it around - wicked, evil, love, beauty and other virtues are not always what they seem.

If you'd like to purchase the book online, it's listed on Amazon for $10.17 new and $2.45 & up used. I try to go the library route as much as I can, hopefully they have it in.

Now about me posting this so late - I put off posting because I didn't think anyone would notice as we didn't get much input for our drawing. Well, I found out there are several of you lurking in the corners. So I am inviting everyone to introduce themselves - tell us who you are, where your from, and if you'll be joining us this month. I want to hear from all of you lurkers!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Okay, I just got my book from the library. If you are in Chatham County, there are still 2 more copies and 1 audio version still available - according to the catalog, anyway.