Tuesday, May 4, 2010

May already?

Yep. May is here. Can you believe it we are almost half-way through 2010. The next book I think you will all enjoy. It's a very unique read...


I hope you all have a wonderful Mother's Day.

Here's a little poem I wrote to add to the festivities of the day...

Endless Tasks

On a day like today, when the sky is so blue,
I look all around at my tasks yet to do.
The dishes were done and yet the sinks full again.
The toys on the floor multiplied by ten.
The laundry is stacked to the ceiling, and what's more?
There are fingerprints all over my newly cleaned door.
I'm up to my ears in endless tasks.
Why do I do it? This is the question I ask.
The answer is easy, it's clear and concise...
Because I'm the mom and because I'm so nice.

Happy Mom's day ladies!

PS Let's get the sign ups started for June, July and August...

7 comments:

Lisa Brown said...

I will do June. I was thinking of doing "A Girl Named Zippy" by Haven Kimmel. Or if you would rather, we could do "Queen of Camelot" by Nancy McKenzie. The first is a true story and a memior, and the other is historical fiction about Guenivere.

Jessie's Joy in Her Journey said...

choices choices. I'm kindof going for the true story...

Marilyn said...

I have never had a book suggestion from Lisa that I didn't like. Excited to join. Tell me about the type of book club this is and what type of readers we have.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Lisa Brown said...

Decided to go with A Girl Named Zippy by Haven Kimmel. I have heard really awesome things about it :). So that will be our June book.

Lisa Brown said...

Oh, and just want to make sure that Mariltn got an ivite so she can join. Thanks Jessie!

Queenie Jeannie said...

Great poem!! :D