Saturday, August 2, 2008

What I read in July . . .

I know we didn't have a July book, and so we were all going to share what we read this month, so I am sharing . . .


The Changeling Sea, by Patricia McKillip: I really enjoyed this creative fantasy. I especially loved the main character, Peri (short for Periwinkle). She was strong, loyal, and did not give up on life, although all those she loved had been lost to the sea in one way or the other.

The only thing that I didn't like as much was that the romance in it was a little disappointing. Although Peri was believable in her love, it was harder for me to buy the Prince's performance. And although his reactions were understandable given the story, it didn't stop me from wanting him to show her more affection.

All and all, a very sweet and enchanting read about magic, love, and saying good bye.
PS. I can't wait to hear what you all read. Oh, and have fun reading our August book :).

1 comment:

Jessie's Joy in Her Journey said...

I'm intrigued by this one's cover. I'll have to check it out!